Thursday, September 3, 2009

THE TRIP - Day 2






For those of you checking in on us, here is "the scoop".... Earlier this year, my mother was diagnosed with cancer. She has a tumor in her lung and some spot in her lungs and also some of the cancer has spread to her lymphnodes. She began chemotherapy in early August and is handling those treatments very well. However, I felt that I really wanted to spend some time with my parents after this news. Given this situation and the fact that I (Michelle) am currently unemployed, I figured that I had the opportunity to go now, so I purchased 2 tickets to CA ...for the month of September. We left Dan at home :( wish he could have come too...

So, Addison and I left yesterday for the west coast. Addison was a great little traveller! She was quite excited about taking a "trip" and going to visit Grandpa and Grandma... There were a couple minor outbursts in the plane, but nothing major to write about. I was SO thankful! Here's a little picture of her watching her "shows" while we were flying :) I felt like I was sitting next to a teenage daughter instead of a toddler...she was in her own little world...



Since we arrived, Addison has been busy playing with her cousins and chasing the kitties at Grandpa and Grandma's. Here's a couple pics of Addy with her crazy cousins (two of them at least)



I hope to update more during our trip, but for now....I'm too sleepy....

No comments: